Monday, August 2, 2010

Parenthood

*
Tiaan insists on playing cricket, I was glad
when the rugby season came to an end, no
more stopping at home after work just to climb
back in the car and drive straight back to town
to collect Tiaan, I misguidedly thought - HAH!

Was I ever so wrong, Tiaan saved up, bought
a new cricket bag, his dad bought a smart new
bat and a snow-white cricket hat, once again
home is only a detour after work, I must turn
around and drive back to town as before

He used to hate cricket, now he’s going back
I used to hate watching them play – oh well,
at least I need not stay and watch them, I
take a book everywhere and read until they
are finished - it’s just the principle

Driving up and down like a jack-in-the-box –
parenthood is SUCH marvelous fun…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...