Friday, July 2, 2010

Hole In My Heart

*
The BBC took pity on me, broadcast
all episodes of ‘Allo Allo’ in one go, I
have never had the chance before
to see so many in a row

I laughed so much, my face muscles
are sore, before this, we saw Nether-
lands team even the score against
Brazil - a brilliant match

The conquistadores triumphant once
more, but when I look at history, it is
clear victory means nothing to no-
one - the spirituals are right:

Nobody wins unless EVERYBODY
WINS – said by Bruce Springsteen
‘The Boss’ - using lyrics to express
lyrical thoughts; called dad tonight

He sounded happy, though a little
bomb-shocked, mom in control as
always before, my heart is sore -
you went to bed, oblivious

Of the fear I’m harbouring, the need to
escape the necessity of doing things
I cannot do without gashing
a hole in my heart…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...