Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Life holds a Charm

*
I left a little girl crying when I stopped reading
my book this morning, when I drove off to get
Tiaan for rugby practice I cried, though I was
glad that you were no longer going away, I still
had to shed the tears gathered in my thoughts
on this day of sorrow

Then the joy of your stay made me laugh when
I got home - I called my dad and with schoolboy
exuberance he said the big trucks are as high as
heaven, sleeping compartments contain TV’s and
radio equipment, trains passing nearby keep him
running to see them

But they run on diesel, he gets goosebumps when
watching his favourite steam locomotives, I wish we
could arrange a trip on a steam train for him, he loves
steam power to distraction, when I need to meet with
sheer enthusiasm I call my dad, his zest for life is more
pronounced than that of

Anyone I know - it makes sense: Growing up a battered
child in a dysfunctional family, life holds more charm for
him than most people will ever know!
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...