Saturday, July 10, 2010

Time For Reform

*
Working on a project of reform after reading Margaret
Evening, we should have friends everywhere but not
get involved with them, we should keep our secrets
to ourselves, carry the burden of our misdeeds in
our own hearts, not telling anyone

She recommends confession to priests, I do not trust them
nor the religious system, I shall never confess anything
she warns against love being exclusive, it should be
inclusive, standing side by side in a row, no two
people monopolising each other too much

Never become dependent on anyone, be ready to take
leave of loved ones if God takes them away - I spent
some time weeping about those on whom I used to be
dependent, preparing for losing should anyone
consent to accept that life has to end

I am used to solitude, but lately grew weak, started
to lean too much on people, time for reform, such a
saddening thought, keep repeating it to desensitise
me, to get used to the concept, a feeling of loss
like a surgical wound to the heart


“Who Walk Alone” – Margaret Evening, 1974
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...