Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Image is the Thing

*
I am not completely unteachable
Yahoo trains us to become better
employees and citizens, showing
how a cluttered desk fails to inspire
trust in clients and management

Leading to no assignments, though
I don’t want any, image is the thing
I dismantled the Persian market on
my computer screen, though the hat-
stand still blooms in

yellow autumn leaves and soft spring
pinks, my console is deprived of most
of its accoutrements - the fake snow
flakes adorn my stones in black and
white, yet I cannot live

In complete austerity, the miniature
birds and dragonfly, wooden violin,
small guitar, butterfly and the metal
ballerina cannot be cleared away -
I cannot return to

One-dimensionality at once, resigned to
typing words in official strings, to read
my books afterwards, living my inner
mental life quietly, the right corner of
my console is still alive

Besides, my injured right-hand forefinger
needs encouragement to heal, what better
way than these few symbols of eternal
beauty, contrasting with a still-life of
silent voiceless words…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...