Friday, July 30, 2010

Never met your Needs

*
I am watching ‘Sister Act’ tonight, ever since you
told me it helped you to get through a difficult time
I have planned on watching it, tonight I went ahead
rented the DVD trying to find the solace that kept you
going while you lived without hope

How you kept going I never understood, tonight I caught
a glimpse of the fire that kept you alive when everyone –
especially I – left you to fend for yourself, I was looking at
facts while you were living LOVE - I am guilty - I did not
understand that you needed to tell lies

In order to support someone you loved more than yourself
you were always there when anyone needed you, when I
expressed a wish you complied - and I thought cold facts
were more important than that - I was wrong, YOU and
the lesson from Sister Act brought the message home

NOW I understand how you managed to survive the pain
of dreams all squashed – in one thing I was right: NEVER
offer people too much because then they will take you for
granted without ever meeting YOUR needs – I took you
for granted myself, never met YOUR NEEDS…


Movie: Sister Act – Whoopi Goldberg
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...