Monday, July 5, 2010

Dauntless Bionic Colleagues

*
Did not sleep at all last night, in semi-comatose state
compiling a list is almost impossible, forgot what I did
the moment I did it, no short-term memory, luckily lost
my personality also, the stranger in my place has such
a heavy, tired head - completely resigned to accom-
plishing nothing, going nowhere, seeing no-one except
colleagues who never experience any fluctuation in
emotions, calm and collected, rational and superior

Never fazed by life-sucking auras and mind-numbing
terms, never bats an eyelid when the world explodes
just lift a sardonic eye-brow as I jump from my chair,
everybody believes they have already turned into
machines, I am the only person about who still thinks
in terms of feelings, I wonder if my soul will also die
eventually, though every time I read Lobsang Rampa
my soul revives again, maybe the books I read

Will feed my soul so that bureaucracy’s Dementors will
fail to kill my emotions and dreams, every time my crystal
creations grow stale and my fragile self-esteem is impaled
and bleeding by a myriad failures, I die in the night and
get up a new person, once again laden with thoughts and
feelings - maybe I am a vampire who subsists on the energy
generated by the ice-cold power of my dauntless bionic
colleagues…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...