Thursday, July 22, 2010

Wide Wondering Eyes

*
The little fundamentalist I was at thirteen read "The
Late Great Planet Earth" by Hal Lindsey with wide
wondering eyes, sitting on the school bus, finding it
impossible to make friends, accepting every word he
wrote as Gospel, enjoying his superior rejection of
astrology and every esoteric and occult thing

Today the grown-up relativist who likes “Seth Speaks”
by Jane Roberts rereads Lindsey with an amused and
new tolerance, enjoying the author’s serious intent
for its own sake, not because he knows the truth
as he believes, but for his kind concern for the
earth and its people, it does not matter that

he thinks only he is right, as long as he is faithful to
what he believes with integrity and tries to redeem
other people in love, I can respect him, our idea
of reality is not important, love and kindness to
our fellowmen count, the rest is a way to
show we care

Everybody’s perspective is unique and appropriate for
their individual situation, although we are all guilty of
forcing our views on other people, beliefs are based on
experience - I enjoy reading the words of inspired
authors, the New Testament Paul, Richard
Wurmbrand, Hal Lindsey, Paul Twitchell

Fired by high ideals, I also enjoy Don Quixote, Paul
Gallico and Terry Pratchett; looking at the way their
minds work and the arguments they use - the way
they present them, the degree of tolerance - I love
reading Jane Roberts and Esther Hicks; trying
to live life according to the ideals of

special thinkers and visionaries; through trial and error
I discovered that it is impossible to be happy when ap-
plying the ideas of cynical people, or to be loving when
following fundamentalists, today I am a relativist
because unconditional love for people as they
are when given freedom

Has brought me more joy than anything I ever tried
before, superiority leaves a bad taste in the
mouth, all rejection hurts myself
most of all…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...