Wednesday, July 7, 2010

One Spiritual Stream

*
What a contrast between Lobsang Rampa
and Eckankar - I look with new eyes - from
a new perspective because I have read other
self-created universal religions such as Sufism
insisting on uniting all

Twitchell claims Eckankar is the unifying origin
of all viewpoints, which means he is justified in
imposing his ideas on everyone for world peace
trying to make the world conform to his rules, I
shudder to think of it

People love diversity and unique thought, freedom
and difference - we flee when a dictator wants all
and sundry to accept his ideas, now I know why
I read this book only once long ago; why I read
Lobsang Rampa several times

Lobsang’s life reads like a piece of art, describing
personal experience, while The Spiritual Notebook
propagates the views of Paul Twitchell who strung
all religions together by pointing out similarities in
a so-called common origin

Exhorting people to unify under the teaching in his
treatise - Lobsang’s story about Tibetan Buddhism
is exciting without Paul Twitchell’s pedagogic tone,
calling all to follow him, appropriating everything
in one spiritual stream to subsume all

Twitchell crowns himself a new prophet who teaches
discipline, I am only on p.31, it is difficult to keep
going, maybe now I can tackle my nightmare
document and translate negative thoughts
of a self-righteous Pharisee…


“The Spiritual Notebook” by Paul Twitchell
Eckankar 1971 - 1990
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...