Thursday, July 15, 2010

Treasured In Memory

*
Several wavelengths in my mind, different voices
coming through, Tiffany Aitching* spoke of her third
thoughts regarding life with a satirical eye, I have a
Tibetan monk on my third-thought-wavelength

It warns the others they are going too far, the madcap
leading the crew who insists on being right even while
she is being crucified is the most dangerous one, that
path is blocked, stopping the flow

Of champagne bubbles in my veins, the Tibetan monk
tries to inspire enthusiasm for decent activities and
exemplary ideas, but without the madcap, inspiration
does not exist, her wavelength will remain closed

Until I have overcome obstacles blocking my way to
executing my duty - refusing to listen to the happy
Mad Hatter and fanatic March Hare until I have done
my job, if fatigue makes me stop long before you

I shall rest until I can toil again, there is no reason to
seek escape just because the depression of restraint
is making life hard, life is supposed to be difficult -
no games can change that

Soaring on beautiful notes is a once-off occurrence to
be treasured in memory while getting on with the job
at hand, not looking back, fixing my mental radio on
one wavelength and working till I overcome

Eschew excitement to complete our earthly pilgrimage
wavelengths must lie dormant until there is room for
them - maybe I need never dance again, learning to
derive joy from resignation and acceptance…


*“Wintersmith” Terry Pratchett – Tiffany Aitching,
main character
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...