Saturday, July 3, 2010

Renew Our Dreams


*
We cannot suspend
waterdrops in the air, though
the multifaceted crystals stay there
the wires supporting them grow shapeless
dust covers every facet, beauty once pristine is
lost, the shimmering crystal cascade which seemed
to be an arrested waterfall reflecting a myriad miniature
rainbows in crystal drops creating a universe or two
consisting of heavenly spheres floating up high
is losing its bewitching charm as time keeps
passing by, like ancient dreams growing
stale, dust in the air signalling
time to throw them out


[As I stared at the crystal chandelier in the shop
I wondered why the beautiful multifaceted crystals
failed to stir my affections, then realized that dust
and bent wires were not kind to crystal creations,
they should be taken down and washed; the wires
should be replaced - in the same way we should
always renew our dreams instead of suspending
them until they grow too vague to bring us joy.]
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...