Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Champagne in my Veins

*
My father has a new interest, every morning
he runs down to the truck stop to admire the
enormous lorries on their way to Mozambique
and Zimbabwe

He is as excited as a little boy, told me every
single one is as big as Noah’s ark, he chats
to the drivers, happy on the farm, plans on
making a vegetable garden

Loves the quaint charm of fresh rural air - at
Christmas I shall see him again, mother’s
ankle is mending nicely, she fell just before
they moved out

She also is happy enough, before long she will
have reams of friends; my sister is on the run -
it was good for them to move, good for my
brother to broaden horizons

I am glad for them though I shall always look
forward to a reunion, luckily my favourite TV
programme is back to put some champagne
in my veins - one night per week

When my hero starts flashing and doing judo
and playing guitar and the heroine looks like
a doll; I am delighted, just a dream or two,
even three or four

Always help the medicine of life - with its
chores and discipline – to go down…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...