Sunday, July 18, 2010

Set My Mind Racing

*
The red-hot passion of James Redfield’s Tenth
Insight, birth visions and loving involvement in
creating a wonderful new society for planet earth,
his warm embrace promising humans a change
in consciousness

Led to my deserting the cold detachment of Paul
Twitchell’s Eckankar religious system recommend-
ding lifting off from the earth sphere to reach inner
peace, Twitchell reveals no bright visions for the
current establishment

His cool treatise did not stir my imagination while
Redfield’s first person voice, delineating events in-
between lives and characters spreading ideals
including descriptions of Nikola Tesla’s brilliant
energy systems, set my mind racing

Once again my mental gyroscope is turned to an
exciting mental station, though as I lower the book
and return to the fatigue that sent me on a quest
for transcendence, becoming aware of sensory
evidence, a noisy world

My brain short-circuits and fails to register sense
and I climb into bed, too tired to care
for anything any more…
*

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...