Friday, August 28, 2009

All Smug And Satisfied

Playtime when I was eight or nine
changed me into an old Anglo Boer
War spy; I stood on cut tree trunk
and spied my fingers over my eyes

When the bell rang I ran to my post
for reconnaissance on the tree trunk
turned slowly looking at plants, the
rising hillside for encroaching enemies

All too soon the bell rang returning us
to a stuffy classroom, I all smug and
satisfied with my secret spying from
a book I was reading at the time

*********************************

HJ Vermaas “Oë Oor Die Einders”

“Die Perdedief” is egter sy mooiste boek.
‘Danster my Glanster', die manier waarop
die perdedief sy liefde vir perde verwoord
en die skrywer se woordkombinasies, min
of meer soos 'songestreel', is betowerend.

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...