Friday, August 21, 2009

Try Everything Everyone Recommends

I’ll try a pill, I’ll try a Migril, I’ll take Myprodyl
I’ll add Vaporub, I’ll take Simumax, add Sinuclear
I’ll try everything everyone recommends, I can’t
let my day end by falling asleep, Cinderella has
far to go to get to the end of today’s show

She needs to edit a visit by Congolese Police, look
at a new Pesticide document, she passed out in her
chair, she ate a waffle, it was not fair, it worsened
the dire situation, all will require an explanation for
her head falling so low, she cannot show

A list of words typed today, she cannot prove that
she exists, in a bid to make herself real, she read
messages on the Internet, it is forbidden, the know-
ledge should stay hidden, if the need for sleep would
pass, she could be a lady with class

If only she could concentrate, if only time would move
until it’s late and she could pick up kids from school
without falling asleep behind the steering wheel, if
only the rightful incumbent of her conscientious mind
would return, if this fatigue would leave

Maybe then she could move the mountain of work a
bit at a time – but with time standing still
it is not likely to happen today
Cinderella has far to go…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...