Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Warfare In My Head

The end of my powers, cannot prevent the
headache from invading neck and ears
sitting here because the desire to be
productive gives meaning to life

Concentration lost, contemplating interesting
aspects of life, the reason for being on earth
in this velvet moment of muffled sounds, in
the open-plan office’s calm atmosphere

All is goodwill and cheer, Jane driving an open-
window campaign, crawling under or climbing
over desks to open windows, fighting James
with or without factotum Chris’ assistance

Fresh air clearing her head, she says, Hanlie does
not care while June belligerently fights recalcitrant
terms to make adjectival clauses clear - it is a
privilege to be here, being the incumbent

Sitting in her chair, sending my mind everywhere
dissecting ideas, my brain happily engaged in
controlled maneuvers, firing neurons
warfare in my head…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...