Sunday, August 2, 2009

Suffocates Under a Strange Presence


Anti-social Tiaan struggled through a weekend
with a friend visiting, Tiaan is like me, wants to
do his own thing, does not know how to take
care of visitors, suffocates under a strange
presence, we felt for him, had to call his
attention to the needs of his friend

Tiaan wants to read his book, play with the cat,
having a friend around curtails his freedom of
movement, he could not smile, though he
brought home such a nice guy, still boyish
and young, enthusiastic, took my side in
an argument with the kids

When I was young, I showed my friend what book
to read and she fled; Tiaan watched DVD’s with
his friend, TV games, played cricket, suffering
under the yoke; I got angry when my mother
invited family for our birthday, I wanted to
read my book in peace for a treat

I sympathise with Tiaan, I know it is not a choice
but an inherent need to be on his own, think
his own thoughts, play his own games,
dream his own dreams...

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...