Wednesday, August 19, 2009

The Population Out There Olé!

After reading the Three Faces of Eve last night
a case study written by two psychiatrists with
very suspicious surnames, Thigpen makes me
think of animal husbandry – pigpens no less –
and Cleckley reminds one of clucking chooks

I wondered about the Little Alien living in my head
always hanging on the rafters when I get scared
and refusing to type a translation until I give him
leave to type in comments, then having to purge
the text afterwards, I used to think

It was a device my mind devised to force me to
write other things besides boring translations
today my sister sent me a delightful rhyme, showing
that playing with words is in our blood - thus far the
Little Alien stays in my head and never comes out

Never claims a separate identity, simply pushes the
buttons controlling my brain without my consent
which gives rise to the question – who am I and
who is in charge of whom - my brain is a shared
entity, some consciousness with remote control

Decides how able and capable I shall be, maybe
I am just one part of a larger Gestalt with a long-
term mission on planet Earth and little me are
stuck with the consequences of never getting to
know the remote control boss very well

Last night I was depressed after reading of Eve
White’s dilemmas stuck with three personalities
but this morning I am as happy as a lark, her case
study affords so much scope for my imagination
working out what is going on in myself

Not even mentioning what must be going on in
the rest of the population out there, olé!

Thigpen and Cleckley “The Three Faces of Eve”

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...