Thursday, August 27, 2009

Book In Which Bianca Lives

Yawning while regarding my boring
document, keeping a book next to my
computer, the cover illustrated with a
picture of the Fantora family

Rosie floating into the air, Filomena -
knitting needles in her hat - holding her
down, Eddie sucking green fingers, Aunt
Varvara in her green gauze wedding net

With butterflies brought to life by Bianca
Francesca making the weather change
and Marco disappearing slowly maybe
because his rhymes are atrocious

I wish I could re-experience the joy of Aunt
Varvara’s wedding to Remo, the smiling
Italian who serenaded her on the eve of
their magical prenuptials

I wish I had Bianca here to bring my three
dolls, the fairy on my computer, the silver
ballerina, the beautiful dragonfly and small
birds to life, but most of all

To animate this family illustration on the
cover of the book in which Bianca lives!

Adèle Geras “The Fantora Family Photographs”
Hamish Hamilton 1993

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...