Monday, August 31, 2009

Fragile Insists On Human Rights

Rocking up at work a promising 30 degrees
ready to face life in the volcano, enjoying the
hellish joy of disintegrating steadily as heat
increases, a forlorn voice calls I will not come
in today it’s too hot, you are all strong so you
can bear it but I cannot shall not will not

We have a bad soldier we realize, when firing
starts she will not remain to cover comrades
we have to work together but she stays in the
trenches saying I am fragile I insist on my rights
I cannot work so hard, since you do not mind
the work of slaves I’ll stay in the shade

An army relying on soldiers like that will not
get very far claiming superiority to those willing
to labor demeaning us for being at work in spite
of heat that makes it impossible to breathe but
we suffer together we help each other carry

each other’s burdens, we’re a team!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...