Friday, August 21, 2009

The Via Dolorosa Today

I cannot keep my eyes open, Jane
recommends magic potions, I would
be bankrupt if I tried everything, since
I cannot sit up, time has stopped, the
way time does whenever it knows we
cannot endure the pain of a situation

I am trying to concentrate while my
ears are folding in upon themselves
Jane and I are on the Via Dolorosa
today, time also warped her space
with mine, I only wake up while I
am writing a rhyme

As soon as I look at my document
about stormwater ditches, I go cross-
eyed, my brain tries to leave my skull
on a passing spaceship; so bored
with my own consciousness, I wish
somebody else will come

As the incumbent of my body, the
remote control boss should send a
being who likes editing, if left to me,
this job will never get done, I need
to sleep, I am falling asleep while
sitting upright

This is not right, but what can I do…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...