Sunday, August 16, 2009

I Wish I Were A Melody

16 August 2009 – Fell into the fallacy again
reiterating the wonderful phrase that anything
we want, we can have, feeling empowered and
strong after listening to André Rieu, Live in
Maastricht, the orchestra playing Olé Guapa,
a tango, an accomplished accordionist leading

My sister and I singing along with the flowing parts
ecstasy in being rhythmically alive, in becoming part
of the song, voices vibrating in unison, the joyous at-
mosphere, hearts burning in delight, then falling back
into reality, hunger and dinner, feeling fine for a time
until my allergic system reacts in debilitating headache

Teaching me although André Rieu awakens my desire
to sing in choirs and groups, the allergy ties me to the
life of a recluse, only following strict routines and never
required to perform in public, can I live with my disability
I am convinced that enforced isolation is advantageous
keeps me focused on a spiritual quest

For the meaning of life, but I prefer singing to almost
anything else, though reading and writing are wonderful,
I want to become a song, I wish I were a melody, a sequence
of nostalgic notes in minor tones delighting my soul…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...