Friday, August 14, 2009

Colours Of Mozart’s Melodies

Brain music, Hanlie’s brain is tuned to play
Schubert’s Serenade and Beethoven’s Moonlight
Sonata, June’s brain is tuned to the military
precision of the Radetsky March

Hermien is tripping to the Pizzicato Polka
my mother is living life under the guidance
of Debussy’s Clair De Lune, my sister is
keeping tune with Andre Rieu

Martin is conducting Strauss’ Thunder and
Lighting Polka, while Jane is moving elegantly
to a stately minuet in her head, I live within
the sweet colours of Mozart’s melodies…

***************************************

Quote from: “Brain music”
New Scientist Article

Didier Grandjean at the University of Geneva
says that brain music might identify temporal
patterns in particular. "Melodies are a much
better way to build complex mental represen-
tations over time than anything the eye can do".

Dan Lloyd is also keen to explore the aesthetic
aspects of brain music. "It's not quite like
composed sound but it's not random either,
it's 'almost music'. My students are putting
it on their playlists."

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...