Monday, August 31, 2009

Dancing My Father’s Steps

I am mesmerised by Heino singing
about Mädchen in Tirol, dancing my
father’s steps when there is yodelling

Esme and Gilberto sing a song I heard
ages ago on Springbok radio, my father
will be listening with me alone in his flat

I enjoy swinging all over the kitchen floor
sakkie-sakkie and a boere-settees all by
myself, tomorrow I’ll call him to find out

What he thought of the music, the rhythms
call me to dance, I see a troupe swaying
with me in my mind’s eye -

- feeling simply delicious!


Listening to Radio Pretoria knowing my father
listens every night and feeling near to him.
(Esme Everard)

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...