Monday, August 3, 2009

A Bad Influence; Hallelujah!

I stupidly, idiotically thought
we were making progress in
understanding each other,
making space for one another,
I was wrong – right after com-
menting favourably on my poem
you accused me of being

Unfaithful, disloyal, a parasite, a
nonentity? Thank you, because
though I try to fit in, I never expect
this attempt to work; your behaviour
proves my point – I shall never amount
to anything more than a fool in the
world in which I live

It is fine, if Cinderella lived it down that
her two nasty and ugly stepsisters were
more acceptable than her own lovely self,
scrubbing palaces and stairs – then I can
come to grips with being regarded a bad
influence on our kids and everyone else –
hallelujah!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...