Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Perfect Brain-Dead Human Being

This is the ideal, I have changed
into a machine, staring ahead,
translating a steady stream of
little complaints of small-minded
people requesting regulations
against people walking dogs on
sidewalks and breeding birds

Mission accomplished, I am turning
into the perfect, mindless official
who does not expand her cons-
ciousness beyond her boring do-
cuments, the perfect brain-dead
human being with which the spirit
of the world can be killed, bit by bit

Initiative extinguished, no existential
feelings jumping up to spoil the rhythm
of fingers typing diligently, asking for
roads to be fixed, Mr President, criminal
records to be erased, a new start for
everyone; for this inanity I will receive
a goodly salary, but preparations for

Eternity will lead to my decline; this is
the dream society where we need not make
robots, we simply change people into
machines, it is the most comforting
experience, swaying to the sweet music
in my head while typing words that never
lived, all still-born, completely dead…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...