Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Threw Him Some Fairy Dust

My positive book says not to go for quantum
leaps, rather effect a change in small increments
it does not work for me, either deeply depressed
or totally joyous, after attending the most boring
meeting ever on planet earth, I struck an all-time
low and could not wait for incremental joy

I immediately called up my three-year-old self and
went marching to the library, on my return we went
off to collect our new T-shirts where I saw Cindy
donned all in pink, started singing “Let’s take a
drink, a drink, a drink, to Lily the Pink, the Pink,
the Pink, the saviour of the human race

For she invented medicinal compound, most
efficacious in every way” dancing away while
swinging my new T-shirt like a matador, getting
in everyone’s way, Dr Jokweni said he wanted
some of my energy so I threw him some fairy
dust, his face beaming now

A big smile - while I’m running
through my day!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...