Friday, September 18, 2009

Who Needs Conversation

We prepare dinner together - we do NOT
share our thoughts, I forgot and repeated
discussions of earlier today- why can’t I
keep my ideas to myself

My trust in your goodness, which excludes
tolerance for my thoughts, tempted me to
explain how I felt until you abruptly
interrupted in frustration

‘I disapprove, did you really think all those
things, inapplicable in the extreme’ - your
vehemence surprising me, bemused I
wondered why you react like that

Kept quiet and stomped away, virtuously
you washed the dishes, happy to teach me
to hold my tongue - I appreciate your
goodness again, who needs

Conversation after all?


(Afrikaans version)

Doe So Voort

‘Ek het jou die mond gesnoer’ is jou
trotse kreet, jy het na my geluister
en verklaar toe ewe beleef ‘Goeie
hemel, maar jy is weird’

Werklik? Is dit wat jy dink van alles
wat ek sê? Ek beter nou in stilte
swyg, as jy moet weet wat ek
werklik aangevang het

Kry jy paparellakoors, dit wil ons vermy
ek hou nou my mond, niks verder vertel
gelukkig nog altyd daarin geslaag om
myself te ignoreer

Wyl jy ewe groots verklaar jy het ALLE
kennis in pag, halleluja, jou self-vol-
daanheid is bewonderenswaardig –
Doe So Voort!

18 September 2009

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...