Sunday, September 6, 2009

Marvelous Munificent Despot

The science fair was a scare
too many people, you did fan-
tastic, sat through the ceremony
I could not stand it, you changed
it into a positive event

You drove us up and down town
baseball and science fair, grumbling
but caring, complaining but protective
no refusal to help us through an impos-
sible day, leading us safely

At the end of the day I fell on my bed, you
still kept going, you told me your problems
I was ashamed of my harsh judgment while
you had such a difficult time, you never turned
away, took care of it all

When I judge you, it only proves I am judg-
mental, your sterling value is hidden by
daily routines, my selfish complaints
emphasize how wonderful your
loving kindness

We know you love us, you absolutely
marvelous munificent benevolent despot
though we do not show our appreciation
in our frustration, we know you love us
completely, and we love you too

Absolutely!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...