Friday, September 4, 2009

Hellish Fires Of Recrimination

Went into another office, pain abated
with lovely cool air, breathing without
flames engulfing my head, returned to
my post before courage to forge on desert
me, ready to die silently in my chair

Alet said should the office building start
burning, she and I would not leave, we
would be roasted in our chairs, in dutiful
stupidity, black charcoaled fingers held
over blackened computer keys

Both fallen on duty, working to earn a
pension, dying in action, before time to go
home we shall not leave the building, as
others flee, as chaos spreads and figures
run to and fro, Alet and I would remain

Calmly suffocating behind our desks, dying
in front of smoking computer screens, bravely
facing the flames, getting ready to face the
hellish fires of recrimination in death…

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...