Monday, September 28, 2009

Sitting On Hard Tiles

The litany of my woes in reading “Experience
The Mystery” is growing: I could not make notes
on the laptop while reading; had a pen, but no
paper.

Bought a small notebook, then lost my
pen. Borrowed a pen from Nici – red, yuck –
made notes in red pen – most disconcerting.

Bought blue-ink pens and a new notebook
today, not wishing to continue in the accusing
red-ink book.

Tiaan drily remarked I should buy ten
notebooks, a new book for every day...

I told Martin it was such a relief to see all my
own concerns with religion addressed in this
book, especially the world-wide loss of faith
because theology is irrelevant in its insistence
on knowledge without experience.

Nonsense, he replied, just look at the church
community in Pierre van Ryneveld, no problem
there – I said I was talking about religion in a
global context.

What do you propose to do about it? he asked
very practically, as an IT-project leader, he only
considers problems he is going to solve.

I said NOTHING, I just want to KNOW.

Ready to transfer my notes to the laptop, I switched
on – impossible to see in the bright sunlight; now I
am sitting on the hard tiles behind the counter
where the screen is visible...

David Regan “Experience The Mystery”
Geoffrey Chapman, London, 1994

28 September 2009

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...