Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Cherished The Compliment

I used to think that people I love would be
as interested in me as I was in them until
realizing my interest in him only concerned
mutual ideas, never intending to know
everything

He never cared whether I was swimming or
doing aerobics, his interest primitive, mine
esoteric, both self-centered in the extreme
the only factor that made it work was his
discernment

I could tell him so many things because he
opened up and explained those things I
suspected, preparing me to be wary of
so many things afterwards, reading
the signs

Knowing the meaning of specific gestures, I
loved his honesty and reciprocated by being
honest in return, he shared his soul with me
I cherished the compliment – I shared my
soul with him

And he knew it...

******************************************
I did not attend his funeral – I never attend
such events, it goes against my principles,
for my own I would prefer drunken revelry...

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...