Monday, September 14, 2009

Lost My Motivation

Sitting in the infernal heat
reading ‘appreciation of self
is the most important thing
on earth, next to a selfish de-
sire to be happy, so much so
that I only look for aspects
of delight in everything’

The only problem is the
discomfort in my body, while
I love being amongst my hap-
less colleagues so serious and de-
dicated, convinced of the eternal
value of doing their best, the stifling
heat makes my head hurt

I have lost my motivation on which I
worked so hard last night, reading an
inspirational book assuring me that we
need to be thankful for everything, I am
afraid appreciation of the heat simply means
I cannot refrain from falling asleep

Typing three words before I lose the ability
to work under duress, I cannot do my best
in soaring temperatures that keep increasing
as the sun rises to its zenith on the horizon
self-pity takes over and I lose all interest in
the precious aspects of awareness

Plotting my own demise so that my spirit can rise
from this dimension into the hereinafter where
existence continues beyond the material and
physical, temperature will then become a
theoretical concept that will never
touch me again!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...