Friday, September 11, 2009

Feelings Ignite In Pain

The saviour’s name is Roelof Serfontein, at
nine I found the story for the first time, it
preserved my mind when allergy destroyed
my world, his character gave me courage
to cherish high ideals while descending
in the pit of depression and guilt

A safe refuge for my thoughts as the world
ends, he still sends forth his ideas on pain
and deprivation for excellence, his story
was created to meet the needs of kids
author Stella Blakemore needed him
insight enabled her to construct

And endow him with the existential angst that
explains my own painful situation, with a dream
in charge I can face the nothingness because we
share the same experience and we always rise
again, a children’s series that still helps
me deal with my sensitivities

Providing an armour impervious to the slings
and arrows of fate that brought Hamlet down
creating a fantasy world in my head that keeps
my spirit safe when my soul burns in flames, pro-
tecting my heart when my feelings ignite in pain

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...