Friday, September 4, 2009

Goodbye My Little Go-Kart

I am turning into a mawkish person, childishly
sentimental – or have I always been like this -
I do not like change, my little car is too small
we have to say goodbye to the go-kart I love
so much, heartbroken over my nifty, zippy car
too impractical, Nici wants to take her big
alarm clock and teddy bears on holiday

I want to bring back shells from the side, hubby
wants to pack indigenous plants, there goes my little
dinky toy car and I am sad, maybe a few tears shed
in private will release the pressure in my heavy heart
Joseph cried resounding sobs in Pharaoh's palace, I shall
follow his example, Biblical history inspires me
if not always for the right reasons

Goodbye to my little go-cart, your mawkish owner will
miss you, fare thee well, I loved you so much, always
felt adventurous racing about while singing at the top
of my voice - Jesus wants me for a Sunbeam and
Unto Thee Oh Lord

- Now an ice-cold white predator with a cavernous boot
is waiting in the garage to swallow my self-confidence
when I cannot see over the dashboard to drive...

Wordsmith [wsmith@wordsmith.org]
Mawkish - adjective: Excessively sentimental,
especially in a childish manner

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...