Monday, September 14, 2009

Turn Into A Diamond

Came in early, poured water
over the carpet, sitting here
in swimsuit and shorts, got
hold of water in a spray can
that had oil in it before, now
I shine like the rising sun, but
feel nicely cool

As soon as our local termagant
gives her permission I shall switch
on the small fan next to my chair
the noise is offensive she says
but later in the day she bears
it willingly, I am ready
to face the day

Buoyed up by the thought that
heat changes some carbon into
coal while others turn into diamonds
I shall turn into a diamond in the office
furnace today, while coal hearts burn
red-hot in their zeal and work effort
which I applaud

I shall shine with insight and vision
like a true diamond should, may the
fire burn even more brightly today!

2 comments:

matt at shadow of iris said...

This is excellent!

Margaret Alice said...

I am so glad you like it, maybe I am just a piece of black carbon to others, but underneath I dream of being a diamond!

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...