Saturday, September 5, 2009

A Sweet Fountain

Finally your words spilled over me
like a sweet fountain of life-giving
water, you buried your problems
and listened to me, the dam wall
broke, I told you my sorrows

Though you explained my miscon-
ceptions and self-recrimination and
offered solutions for every difficulty
the relief was short-lived – lasting
until nightmares invaded sleep

You explained that we cannot accept
responsibility for the actions of other
people, I agreed, while my spirit is
agitated in me, tension backache
and nausea belying my words

The fresh air of your words is washing
over me, the light of understanding is
dawning, I appreciate your intention
to help while you have your own
problems to solve

Though I cannot apply solutions im-
mediately, the kindness you have
shown me is an act of love that will
stay with me always

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...