Sunday, September 27, 2009

It Is My Birthright!

Oh no, by now I am quite hysterical, I brought
NO make-up on holiday, I am purple and red
and white in the face – the cold – the sun – I
have no face powder or cream base, I know
beauty is deeper than skin BUT all I can see
is skin without covering - the female
psyche cannot accept being
ugly like this!

We NEED help for beauty, we require a dream; my
positive book says we need not be beautiful to
feel it, we need only FEEL great – and
I feel AWFUL!

No lipstick or eyeliner – I’m used to having unlined
eyes, sunglasses covering everything; but no cover
cream?! NO, no NO NO! Matt from Shadow of Iris,
you may appreciate the cracked pot when you
see it, but I refuse to BE the cracked pot

I must cover the cracks with the help of beauticians,
philosophise all you want; the female spirit cannot
accept being bland – all pain and injury are used
to advantage to sweeten my spirit – but I MUST
have access to beautician’s arts for
appearance, it is my birthright!

2 comments:

matt at shadow of iris said...

I wouldn't make the general claim, but I've consistently told my wife that she looks better without make-up. And I mean it to. Especially the powdery stuff.

But to this day she has never believed me, well, maybe she does believe me, but I suppose my own opinion is simply not enough to get her to stop. :-)

Margaret Alice said...

We only want to feel CONFIDENT, in whatever way possible.

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...