Thursday, March 17, 2022

Believe In IF Forevermore

If only you had waited till on the positive side

of the bipolar scale: if only you had waited till

I could show my own bipolar regime, to ride

the waves into the eye of the storm where

I feel calm and safe within - and

 

If only you had waited until I explained how

to escape into daydreams and fantasies -

using delusions when illusions were shattered,

if only we had pooled forces against the scourge

of our birth, the widely diverging sides of the

 

Pendulum between laughter and pain - if only

we could share our delusions, riding waves

of adrenaline; I could have taught you to

believe in IF forevermore, to build

daydreams, to fool yourself

 

Into believing that your dreams

will come true after all...

 

[Roger Whittaker - IF’s an illusion, IF is for children

building daydreams; take the sunshine, leave the rain] 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...