Friday, March 18, 2022

Make The Sea Sparkle For You

We used to feel like Jacques Brel singing ‘Zonder

liefde, warme liefde waait de wind, de stomme wind,

zonder liefde, warme liefde weent de zee, de grijze 

zee & lach de duivel, de zwarte duivel’  it is too late

to bring you back - but now you live in my heart in

the lyrics expressing our feelings - the black devil

laughed as a cold wind blew away our dreams, but

the flame of love burning for you on the altar of my

mind will burn until the day I die, my love will warm

and make the sea sparkle for you, my love will stop

the black devil’s laughter as together you and I laugh

with each other in the safe space within my heart -

where a part of your soul’ s living in my eternal love

 

For Dawie, my kleiner Gardeoffizier


 [Zonder liefde, warme liefde waait de wind, de stomme wind,

zonder liefde, warme liefde weent de zee, de grijze zee, zonder

liefde, warme liefde, lach de duivel, de zwarte duivel, zonder liefde,

warme liefde brandt mijn hart, mijn oude hart ---

Jacques Brel, Marieke - Flemish Version] 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...