Monday, March 28, 2022

Fixation On Rules And Regulations

I'm laughing my way through my day, I always took

down everything at meetings - keeping minutes like

unending minutia to keep the little alien in my head

from falling asleep, luckily I shared my work life with

my happy African colleagues with whom one can be

 

As spontaneous as can be, no wonder I did not learn

protocol and etiquette - when I started my employ in

the ice-cold space of translation tower, the academic

conveyors of the one-word-one-meaning-theory loudly

complained: Oh, the noise, do calm down and be quiet

 

Otherwise we might end up with nervous breakdowns,

luckily some of them died, I'm sorry to say - yet others

retired - and ALL of them seemed to be suffering from

mental fixation on rules and regulations!

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...