Friday, March 18, 2022

Your Inner Being

Adieu, mein kleiner Gardeoffizier - arrogance your

ruse to hide mood swings and invisibility being a

shimmering mirage to cover your inner being - to

this day Peter Pan has never seen your soul as he

clashes with your Genghis Khan personality - the

Duchess knows you as faint transparency, Attila

the Hun who lost his memory knows you faintly

 

While Alice in Wonderland sees a blonde little

boy with his red toy truck in which the two of

them safely put her plastic doll for a daily ride;

grandma Cinderella bringing them French toast

in bed; you rocked up at university in a grey

Beetle giving Alice rides to mom’s house and  

playing ABBA loud: when the Queen of Hearts

 

Made Alice bow to strange religious types you

gave her safe refuge: you were so alive, so real

to me; Roger Whittaker singing IF - and I vow

to make you believe in IF Forevermore, I shall

write about your loving heart, I shall cherish

the beauty of your inner being… 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...