Sunday, March 20, 2022

Growing Up Together

I’m deeply devoted ‘cause you sang to me first

I was quite smitten - yes you did - don’t deny it

you repeated my song, yes you did, I heard you

a duet, then all together - your voice was velvet

growing up together - you always in the lead 

 

You broke my one porcelain doll deliberately

when you were angry - I hated you for that -

yet forgave you almost immediately, though

I insulted you big brothers are bad, they take

you everywhere then forget you there; you 

 

Sang the Beatles Yesterday, when you cursed,

I averted my eyes - you helped getting ready

for first day at school - later you came when

I called one lonely night when I had run away

I remember you digging a pit - I tried to help

 

And it was fun, you showed me your hiding

place to escape everyone and I read all the

books in your satchel for school, you taught

me grammar and geography, playing Rocco

Erasmus on the radio, your books saved

 

My life, Stella Blakemore, Konsalik, Asterix,

French at University, you sent your regards

to Herr Bertelsman: I love you for being you 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...