Monday, March 14, 2022

New Regime

Did I tell you about the time Sister Sunshine

retired from the bureau and left me alone,

that she took all the laughter & fun with her,

the fizzle in the air, the absurd remarks, us

joking around as we counseled our boss on

his fear of serial killers and psychopaths?

 

My new cold-blooded Mother Superior had

never heard of singing in words, and Marie

Antoinette, administrator par excellence, kept

changing Superior instructions until I cried

every night in my bed, then dreaming of

the wonderful time when Sister Sunshine

 

Enriched everything with humour creating

pure joy within the bizarre bringing a life

of such joie de vivre; when she had to retire,

she simply left and the meaning of words

in the bureau was lost, darkness descended  

as Marie Antoinette sought vengeance

 

For the short-circuiting caused by my

wandering mind in the cold efficiency 

of the quiet new bureau regime…  

[14 March 2022]

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...