Monday, March 21, 2022

I'm The Beast

Alice said, so you want to change my oeuvre,

for whom? - Yourself, the reading community,

an exclusive literary society? - No, this is the

gift I bring: Total honesty, I shall not let you

defile it with your wiles - I offer it to those I

 

Trust for proven loyalty, you are not in that

club with your supercilious mien and self-

aggrandization, you promote yourself, your

lecture’s egotism self-expressing - empty

posturing for this doodling dunce in class

 

‘Where do you want to flirt with me, under*

the bam- under the boo- under the bamboo

tree’, I would never flirt with dry professors

so refined, my heroes are cavemen all who

cannot flirt, neither can I because we are

 

Neanderthals, your lecture seeking admiration

leaves me cold and bored, I seek entertainment

of a better kind - tonight I’ll read Fairytales again,

Beauty and the Beast - I’m the Beast, you see…

 

*TS Eliot 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...