Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Wailing Like Banshees

The strings were broken when you died, 

the strings are broken still, but it matters 

not because I’m mending strings within 

my heart - thus it feels so good to sing 

my song to you, today I’ll sing anything 

even tant Sannie Briel, if you so desire; 

oh how we laughed - all jesting as you 

strummed guitar - a few fey chords, all 

five of us wailing like banshees with Slim 

Whitman-yodelling; we had so much fun 

that night - please tell me you remember 

it - comforting your soul wherever it is…


[I play for you my old banjo and sing a song to you, 

but now the strings are broken so I cannot sing to 

you, I took it to a mender's shop to see what they 

could do, but still the strings are broken so I cannot 

sing to you...]  

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...