Monday, March 28, 2022

Mystical Velvety Voice

Laundry day, getting up early, Amira’s streaming concert

I’m a Carol Burnett-cleaner listening to celestial  music,

marching with the laundry basket to “Liberty Bell” - quite

difficult doing Burnett-moves while hanging up the

 

Washing led by Amira’s heavenly voice; watching the

concert on big screen TV was a bad sound mistake -

this morning a mystical velvety voice singing in my ear-

phones, magic of technology “On my own, pretending

 

He’s beside me” a wonderfully weaving melody & Amira’s

lower notes growing stronger with the years, loving the

fantasy she relates - a dreamer looking for her Prince;

adding detergent - thinking of a Bear in a Norwegian

 

Fairytale leaving when he turned into a Prince, his

beloved going on a quest to seek and rescue him;

another heap of laundry with Laudate Dominum

a velvet soft expression in Amira’s angel voice -

 

Dancing to the line with more washing as she sings

“You’re still you, I’ve loved you for so long” - a stab

to the heart; twirling in the kitchen with the Annen-

Polka: this laundry-day concert fast becoming

 

A joyous affirmation of life and love and dreams

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...