Tuesday, March 22, 2022

We All Remain Friends

Gazing at the dappled grass I realize we all

felt invisible when we were small, to counter-

balance that I imagined kids at school seeing

me riding my bike, later thought of imaginary

friends reading my work - not just lecturers

looking to see whether we consulted back-

ground literature then penalizing us when

using it wrongly which forced me to read it

 

Then writing my project the night before due

to prevent my referencing things, just write it

once - since rereading meant rewriting and

how many different versions did I need? -

everyone in my menagerie wanted to say

something, best was just work as fast as 

I could in as short a time as possible to 

keep from fixating & falling into a ditch 

 

This morning I felt the silence in my mind,

in the reverent silence only God was there,

only Infinite Consciousness aware of my

thoughts and that was enough, too many

people living in my head too confusing: a

few poets, living and dead, a few authors

and fairy tales - thank heaven for those,

without them I would have been bereft

 

Though it took a long time before my poet

friend accepted the fairy tales ensconced

in my mind, today he knows them as well

as I do and we all remain friends

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...