Wednesday, March 23, 2022

With A Burning Throat

I think I’ve got a cancer of the throat, said Alice, there 

is a burning wound in my oesophagus and I also have 

most awful headache; luckily I read on the Internet if

we could go for a series of medical tests every fifteen 

minutes - the machines would trace the course of our 

emotions in graphs of ailments - all psychosomatic

 

Now my face is burning, Alice told the Cheshire Cat, 

what is the meaning of that? This is how it feels when 

you are keeping back the tears, much better to sit down 

and sob a lot - It doesn’t work, every time a single tear-

drop falls, I’m so glad of the privilege to be alive as a  

human being, the tears and sobs stop - it's only that    

 

My throat goes on burning - That is the yearning to 

be talking to friends, tell them your sorrows and all 

about the brother you lost; I want to, Alice explained,

but Tinker Bell said be brief - just inform them and - 

what is the comfort in that? - I have a menagerie

of imaginary friends, would that help? - You can

 

Give it a try, the Cheshire Cat replied - Reality is

an illusion where everyone’s  just an image in your

mind - whether you can see or only feel them, so

it is all the same in the magical phantasmagorical

holographic scene; I feel better already, Alice smiled,

here comes Ching-Ching, he's getting ready to play

 

The role of the CharKnight - while I shall play the

CharLady - with a burning throat!  

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...