Friday, March 25, 2022

Existential Dilemmas

I’m getting rid of Spiritualism, Alice told the March Hare,

when I was young it was fashionable and fun - I could

conjure fairies and devils and was almost as adept as

Madame Blavatsky at creating a visible companion but

it terrorized me, though I love Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

I can no longer subscribe to the seances he thought

 

Were true, though the mind creates through effect on

subatomic particles as in quantum physics, when life

remains invisible I’m imprisoned alone in my thoughts

and it is not fun anymore - the only invisible things I’ll

subscribe to are energy and magnetism which carry

consciousness through eternity, I mastered the art of

 

Believing a hundred impossible things before breakfast

and believing a thousand more after lunch, but it brings

hallucinations and it’s lonely in my head, inter-subjective

reality offers shared illusions and escapism and it would

be a great consolation Alice explained, the March Hare

bowed his head and failed to offer Alice a cup of tea as

 

Was his wont, Alice stomped off looking for the White

Rabbit to drown her sorrows in existential dilemmas


Footnote:

I won’t renounce all Spiritualism, Alice declared with

shining eyes, I found a copy of The Bible Code by

Michael Drosnin - and though his later books were

descried by believers and atheists alike, I still like

Conspiracy Theory and ascribe his later errors in

judgement to people hijacking his writings - now I

can colour the letter sequences as I illegally did in

the library copy to the advantage of other readers 

No comments:

Dying Eventually

Listening to my favourite Internet guru, quite clearly this works for many people as they repeat the jargon flawlessly and I wish I could ge...